Bobbie Jean Carter, the sister of Nick and late singer Aaron Carter, has died. She was 41 years old.
Bobbie Jean's mother, Jane Carter, spoke with TMZ and shared that she is distraught over the sudden death of her daughter, who died Saturday morning in Florida. At this point, the exact circumstances behind her death are still unclear. ET has reached out to Nick's reps for comment.
“I am shocked to learn of the sudden death of my daughter, Bobbie Jean; and I will need time to process the terrible reality of this happening for the third time,” he told the outlet. “When I can think clearly, I will make a more complete statement; but until then I would ask that I be allowed to grieve in private.”
Jane added: “No matter how deeply a parent feels the loss of a child, the suffering of a young child at the loss of a parent must be far greater. Therefore, I would ask those who are sympathetic to pray for my precious eight-year-old granddaughter.” “Bella, who previously lost her father and now is also left without her mother.”
Bobbie Jean was a fixture on the reality series. Carter's House. She also worked closely with Aaron, being his wardrobe stylist when he was on tour. Bobbie Jean reportedly suffered from substance abuse over the years and was arrested in June. According People, who also confirmed her death, Bobbie Jean was arrested in Florida after she allegedly stole stickers and markers from a Hobby Lobby. The outlet also reported, citing a police report, that officers found a container in her purse that later tested positive for fentanyl.
Bobbi Jean's tragic death comes just over a year after Aaron was found dead at his home in Lancaster, California. She was 34 years old. ET later confirmed that the singer's primary cause of death was drowning according to the Los Angeles medical examiner. Carter's death was the result of the effects of taking alprazolam, which is a generic form of Xanax, and inhalation of difluoroethane.
In the report, obtained by ET, the coroner says Carter was “immersed in a bathtub following inhalation of compressed gas and ingestion of alprazolam.” The report claims that the “Aaron's Party” singer was left submerged underwater and unconscious in his bathtub.
At the beginning of this year, Nick spoke to ET and shared how the family is still dealing with Aaron's death.
“It's definitely been difficult for me and my family,” Nick told ET in August from the set of his new music video in Wyoming. “It's still something that we're still processing, to this day. I don't think we'll ever get over it. It's been a lot for us and we're finding ways to try to take a really tragic situation in our family and do something with it. “
In October, Aaron's twin sister, Angel, shared her late brother's story. final resting place and encouraged fans to visit.
“Aaron's portrait was placed this morning at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills,” Angel captioned her Instagram post. “He adored his fans and I know how much this would mean to him to now have a final resting place where we can all celebrate his life. I invite you to visit, share your memories and never forget who Aaron was at heart.” . 🤍 🕊️.”
News USA Today has a skilled online editor and content writer, boasting six years of experience in Media and Broadcasting. News, Finance, Sports, Travel, and Entertainment.