The news that King Charles is fighting cancer shocked the entire world.
Furthermore, the reluctance of Buckingham Palace officials to comment on the stage and type of cancer has led many observers to assume the worst.
Those concerns were put to rest somewhat on Sunday when Charles looked fit and healthy during his first public outing since his diagnosis.
But according to a report, the King and his advisors have taken initial steps to prepare for the worst.
The national researcher reported this week that preparations are underway for a funeral for Charles with an estimated budget in the neighborhood of $250 million.
“Charles wants an even bigger and better send-off than Queen Elizabeth,” a source described as “a well-placed palace insider” tells the outlet (via Radar Online).
“Charles says he waited 70 years to take the throne, so he deserves a fabulous send-off,” the source continues.
King Charles's last requests
The source says Charles has gone into great detail regarding his funeral plans, even dictating which family members should not be allowed to participate.
Topping the list is Prince Andrew, who settled a lawsuit brought by alleged sexual assault victim Virginia Giuffre in 2022.
“Once again, Andrew claims his innocence, but His Majesty doesn't want to hear any of that,” the source said of the king's refusal to let go of the accusations against his younger brother.
Will Prince Harry attend his father's funeral?
As we previously reported, Prince Harry traveled to London to visit Charles shortly after learning of his diagnosis.
However, the visit was brief and the source says there is still bad blood between father and son.
According to the InvestigatorAccording to the source, the king plans to make his feelings known at his funeral by “relegating the royal black sheep to the back seats” as “his final decree.”
It would be almost unbelievably petty, but then, royalty has never been a family that tolerates even the slightest disagreement.
We should note that even if the rumors are true and Charles is planning his funeral, that doesn't mean his diagnosis is terminal.
It would not be unusual for a 75-year-old monarch to make plans regarding his funeral and succession, especially after a health scare.
Palace officials say Charles is receiving the best possible care and remain optimistic about his chances of making a full recovery.
We will have more updates on this developing story as new information becomes available.
News USA Today has a skilled online editor and content writer, boasting six years of experience in Media and Broadcasting. News, Finance, Sports, Travel, and Entertainment.