Malti Marie Chopra Jonas, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s newborn girl, celebrated her first trip to New York City this week.
Image Credits: Getty Images and Instagram
5 interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra Jonas
She is more than just a Jonas sibling.
- She began her career as a pageant queen.
In the year 2000, Priyanka competed in Miss World. She was only 18 when she was proclaimed the champion. That year she also brought home another pageant championship. She was crowned Miss World Continental Queen of Asia and Oceania.
- She is a solo musician. Throughout her career, Priyanka has appeared on numerous Bollywood solo soundtracks. In 2012, she began her first solo performance. It was called “In my city.” In 2013, she partnered with Pitbull on Exotic.
- Her first audition was for the television show Quantico. Priyanka appeared in an ABC series beginning in 2015 to 2018. Her first audition for the starring part was in fact her first. Priyanka never went through a formal audition process for any of her previous Bollywood jobs.
People would recognize me and I was cast in films because it made sense – Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- She won multiple awards. In 2016, Priyanka was awarded the People’s Choice Award. She was named Best Actress in a New TV Series. The following year, Priyanka obtained again another PCA. Her portrayal of Alex Parrish got her the title of Favorite Dramatic TV Actress. Priyanka has also received recognition for her efforts in India. She was the recipient of two Global Indian Film Awards. In addition, Priyanka holds six International Indian Film Academy Awards.
- She met Nick Jonas on Twitter. In 2016, the younger Nick Jonas her DMs. For months, Priyanka and Nick texted back and forth. In 2017, the couple finally met in person. They went to the Met Gala together in May. However, they did not begin dating until 2018. The couple married in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, in December 2018. Her next project was “The Matrix 4,” which was scheduled to be released in 2021.
Malti was born prematurely via surrogate in January. Malti spent more than 100 days in the NICU before returning home with Jonas and Chopra in May. Chopra wrote about that tough period on Mother’s Day.
On this Mother’s Day we can’t help but reflect on these last few months and the rollercoaster we’ve been on, which we now know, so many people have also experienced. After 100 plus days in the NICU, our little girl is finally home. Every family’s journey is unique and requires a certain level of faith, and while ours was a challenging few months, what becomes abundantly clear, in retrospect, is how precious and perfect every moment is. We are overjoyed that our little girl is finally home, and just want to thank every Doctor, nurse and specialist at Rady Children’s La Jolla and Cedar Sinai, Los Angeles, who were there selflessly every step of the way. Our next chapter begins now, and our baby is truly a badass. Let’s get it MM! Mommy and Daddy love you. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers and caretakers in my life and out there. You make it look so easy. Thank you. Also.. there is no one I’d rather do this with than you. Thank you for making me a mama @nickjonas I love you ❤️
News USA Today has a skilled online editor and content writer, boasting six years of experience in Media and Broadcasting. News, Finance, Sports, Travel, and Entertainment.